Today, I started another flower painting this time however, I used a totally different approach. Instead of masking out the flowers, I decided to wet the entire sheet of paper and drop random colours all over it and just let them bleed together and mix on the paper. Whilst I was waiting for that to dry I was able to finish my Poppy that I started last week.
Once the background was completely dry I picked out the shapes of Tulips and enhanced them by strengthening the background around them rather than painting the Tulips themselves.
I really loved both techniques and I will definitely use them both in the future.
I have posted both paintings under the Mixed Media Paintings Tabs as once they were both dry I then added some pastel pencil to strengthen and enhance them.