Today we learnt how to paint flowers using a wet-in-wet technique and using lots of masking fluid.
I decided to use a reference photograph of a Poppy that I had taken some time ago, after doing the initial loose under-drawing, I then used Masking Fluid to mask out the entire flower. Once, completely dry I then put on the background using the wet-in-wet technique.
Once, the background was dry I was able to take the Masking Fluid off, revealing the start white of the flower.
I didn’t get a chance to finish it today so, I’ll take it to my next lesson and finish it off whilst, starting a new painting.